Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-E Form not available on Basic?

Jtax LLC
Level 3

Is the Form 8915-E Form for Disaster Retirement Distribution not available on Basic? Or is it just not out yet? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

33 Comments 33
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not out yet and it won't be out for a couple of weeks.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS still has it in draft right now, it takes several weeks once IRS has it finalized for it to be available for filing in the program....Id kinda like to have a draft of it in the program to work with though!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

Bookmark and monitor this link to your Forms' status in Basic:

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

To see this:

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer)Final on 02/18/2021, EF Not Allowed
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Cry67
Level 1

I have got everything pretty much done and it still tells me not ready. Come back later. I hate this because I always have my taxes done early. They have had almost a year. Hard to believe it's not finalized.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The IRS isnt even open for accepting or processing returns until the 12th.

Cry67
Level 1

This I know. I just have all complete so I have nothing to worry about. I'm not stupid. Like I said "EARLY"

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I'm not stupid"

No one stated that you were; but you should Never try to file ahead of the IRS! There is no such thing as Early, when they are not even accepting returns for another 2 weeks, and partly the IRS does this to finish making changes per Congress. They haven't had a Year. Congress keeps making changes.

But are you even in the right place on the internet? This is a community of Professional tax preparers using ProSeries to prepare their Clients' tax returns.

If you are a TurboTax user, you are Lost.

You may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Ms Isaac
Level 1

There is no need to be rude. Goodness gracious. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Ms Isaac 

No one is being rude: goodness gracious!

However, you could be lost on the internet. If you are not using Lacerte, ProSeries or ProConnect to do clients' tax returns, you are lost. This is a community of software users of those specific programs. It's not a Social Network; this is people's Jobs.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
Too much love drives a man insane
You broke my will, but what a thrill
Goodness gracious, great balls of fire

Slava Ukraini!
Ms Isaac
Level 1

The thing about the internet is that you can read anything you have access to and you’re free to post in any social media platform to which you are granted access. If this were an exclusive community for accountants only and no one else were allowed to read or post, then it should be stated as such and others should be prevented from doing so. But, it isn’t. So that poster has just as much right to ask his question as anyone else. Just, dont be a jerk. It’s easy, really.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Ms Isaac 

You hit the nail on the head. The Paying Customers here have asked intuit for Years to require a license code for these forums.

Just because Intuit never locked access to this user forum by asking you to use a License Code to prove you bought one of the programs that cost a professional tax preparer tens of thousands of dollars every year, is no reason to act as if you can pop into a person's workplace and berate the people here who are simply trying to do their jobs.

You are certainly welcome to go to a Social Media platform and complain there. Because this is not a Social Site. This is a Workplace. You seem to want to use that argument for why you can Barge In, but you would not do this in real life to people who are at their desks and trying to work.

Sheesh.

Did you even have a question for how your client's IRA withdrawal might be treated as a Disaster withdrawal subject to the 3-year rule? Because this topic is in the Intuit Accountant Community and the Title is for tax form 8915-E using the ProSeries Tax Preparation program.

Otherwise, you are lost on the internet.

LesAnne
Level 1
0 Cheers
mcoppola66
Level 1
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

This is a ProSeries topic. Here is the Help article for ProSeries and 8915-E:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

"The IRS does not support Form 8915-E as an e-fileable form. The completed Form 8915-E will need to be added as a PDF attachment for e-file."

0 Cheers
kyleraj
Level 1

Hey Lisa check this out  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFqMv5a9sQ

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know how it works, Ive had clients with other disaster distributions in previous years.
IRS already has the 8915 forms A, B, C, D for previous disasters, they dont have to reinvent the wheel, this law passed in March, it makes no sense that its taking this long to finalize.

0 Cheers
bothers
Level 1

"Lost on the internet", that's funny!  I got here the same way the other guy did...need a Form 8915-E for my INDIVIDUAL TurboTax file and can't figure out why it won't provide one.  I quick Google search brings me to your lovely discussion and I have learned practically everything I need to know.  

The idea that you can just tell people to leave your fancy (but OPEN) PRO page because Intuit hasn't locked it down for y'all is simply ludicrous.  You should try to IGNORE posts like this one instead of writing rude replies to people who wandered in here through no fault of their own.  Like ME.  

mcoppola66
Level 1

FWIW I received an email from Intuit indicating it would be available on 2/24/21

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You must have done another search to find that "simply ludicrous" is Intuit's middle name.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I got here the same way the other guy did...need a Form 8915-E for my INDIVIDUAL TurboTax file"

But that isn't the Program in use here. You are in the wrong Community. If you really want to Know, and want to be of help, the TurboTax community is not This Place. What happens here has nothing to do with TurboTax, or with H&R Block or with AARP tax prep.

If you really care, go to the place you have the people using the same program you are using. Stop posting all over the internet in places where that is Not what goes on here. Thanks.

Even google allows you to search for Turbo Tax.

The following is for ProSeries:

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

Look what shows up now:

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF on 02/25/2021

Yes, it shows EFile.

qbteachmt
Level 15

@bothers 

"your fancy (but OPEN) PRO page"

Geez. The Program is named ProSeries. It's Software. This is not a PRO page. You can see this at the Top of the page: ProSeries is a Tax Program.

0 Cheers
jrhguez
Level 1

Hello - I currently have Proseries Basic and Form 8915-E is showing up in the "income" sub-menu; however, when I click in it, is giving me the following message:

"Form 8915E-T is not included in ProSeries Basic Edition. To obtain a copy of this form consult www.irs.gov/formspubs"

"For other products that include this and other forms, visit www.proseries.com."

I know the message is obvious, but I was wondering if indeed, this form is not going to be available in the basic series?? If that's the case, I will assume that I will need to attach it? Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
It's not available yet. It's scheduled for 2/25. Bookmark this and monitor it: https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/ Form 5329 is for waiving the penalty, if that applies. Form 8915-E is for reporting the taxable income over the one year or over three years.
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Greatly appreciate your reply on this topic. I have about a dozen clients that my firm is waiting to e-file, but can't do to the "non" update. I hope it goes as planned on 02/25/2021.

0 Cheers
mcoppola66
Level 1

nothing as of this morning

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final, EF Ready
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Spouse) Final, EF Ready

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Got the update. Returns have been filed. Thanks again.

mcoppola66
Level 1

what version are you using ?

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Pro Series Basic for these returns. Just make sure and run a full update of your previous installed software before trying to complete the forms.

0 Cheers
KevinGold
Level 1

Hey Lisa,

It seems like you're very much informed on this 8915 form. I did my TurboTax and is not let me complete, it says I have to send it in by mail and I see that it comes out on the 11th should I wait to finish my taxes on TurboTax or just send it in?

😊

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@KevinGold 

This forum is for users of ProSeries tax preparation program for their clients.

No one here can help with TurboTax.

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I have no idea how TurboTax works, this is a group for tax professionals using professional tax software, sorry.

0 Cheers