Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8879-PE form is defaulting to an X in the second box

woodallash
Level 2

8879-PE form is defaulting to an X in the second box, whereas i need it to X the first box. If I do an override  to correct, will the return correctly e file. alternatively is there a way to resolve without the override?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
woodallash
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I continued to explore this, what I found is that if you go to the

• Partnership Information Worksheet,
  • Part VI– Electronic Filing Information under the section Practitioner PIN Program and
  • place an X in both boxes
    • X   check this box to sign the return electronically using the practitioner PIN (form 8879 – PE), and
    • X ERO entered PIN (form 8453 – PE),

then the form 8879 – PE correctly places an X in the 1st box only.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had the same thing happen on the last 2 partnerships I prepared, I toggled the checkbox back and forth a couple times and it finally printed out properly....I thought I was doing something wrong, but if you're seeing the same thing, I think its a program glitch.

Try unchecking both boxes, then check the right one again...both mine fixed themselves after jiggering the boxes around a few times.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
woodallash
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I continued to explore this, what I found is that if you go to the

• Partnership Information Worksheet,
  • Part VI– Electronic Filing Information under the section Practitioner PIN Program and
  • place an X in both boxes
    • X   check this box to sign the return electronically using the practitioner PIN (form 8879 – PE), and
    • X ERO entered PIN (form 8453 – PE),

then the form 8879 – PE correctly places an X in the 1st box only.