Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 update

Kax
Level 1

I'm getting an error 404 when I try to get the 2020 ProSeries program loaded.  Is anyone else getting this error?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its not available yet as far as I know....did you get  a pop-up message in the program that says its available for download? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kgudgel
Level 4

Except that the release dates indicates that Professional version is available Oct 14!

I received an email that my credit card had been charged.  Not good if they charge and it isn't available.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They always charge the card prior to it being available for download.

I dont know why the release dates show Oct...its never been available that early in the year, its always mid November for Professional, I think Basic is closer to December.

kgudgel
Level 4

I called ProSeries this morning (I hate that they don't have email).  Talked with three different support techs who all said "supposed to come out sometime the week of Nov 11" - just their script.  Sounded like none of them even knew that there was the release dates web page.

The release date for the second version is listed as today.  But it is now after lunch, and I still get the 404 error. 

I have SEVERAL clients chomping on the bit for tax planning computations.  It is so much easier when I can do it in the new year's software as I don't have to enter things twice - once in the planner part of the 2019 software and then once the 2020 software arrives.

0 Cheers
Bob F
Level 3

It is now available, but it wont install for after downloading the install file. It say my computer is not 64 bit and Windows 8.1, or higher, which is NOT true.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Some people had that message last year too....I dont remember what the reason was though, sorry.

Downloaded and installed here just fine.  New desktop icon.  Homebase looks weird.  Fed info worksheet is clogged up with lots of banking product and audit protection options.

0 Cheers