Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Tax Forms Not Printing Right....still?

House
Level 3

I just printed a 1040 today.  Still not fixed.  Has there been a patch or fix that I have missed? And I just got my email for a notice to renew for next year.  I have been using ProSeries for 21 years. This is the first year I have now considered a change.  There is just something about paying $5,000 for a program that can't print the way it is supposed to that rubs me wrong.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent had any issues with a 1040 "not printing right."....what are you seeing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
House
Level 3

No form lines.  Just text and numbers.  States print fine.  True for business and personal federal returns.

0 Cheers
House
Level 3

Same printer I used for 2019 and 2019 still prints fine also.  I am not the only one.  There have been several with this issue and the only work around has been print to PDF then print the PDFs.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sure sounds like a printer driver issue.  You've got Windows 10 updated completely?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
House
Level 3

Yeah we went down that path also.  Everything was current a few months ago when we had the problem.  Several people with several different printers are all having this issue.  What is weird is 2019 and all prior year softwares print fine on the same printer.  And 2020 state forms also seem to print fine.  It is just Federal forms.  I know ProSeries was working on a fix.  Have they released anything since Jan/Feb of this year?  Maybe I am missing that?  Although I updated the program last week for an efile issue.  Its weird for sure.

0 Cheers