Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Still Not Printing Correctly!!!-frustrated now

House
Level 3

Well it is March 1 and still no resolution.  I spent time on with tech support and the ultimate conclusion they came up with is its my printer.  The problem is state prints fine for 1040.  However, on Passthrough entities, the K1s cause an error dump but the state return itself prints fine.  Also, the same client form on the 2019 software prints everything fine in 2019 Proseries.  Went back to 2014, and everything prints fine there.  There is something wrong with the software for 2020.  We all have different printers that we have all been using for years.  How in the world did all of a sudden all of our printers have an issue.  The only commonality to this issue is ProSeries, not our printers, in my opinion.

Proseries, if you monitor this thread, please contact me for next steps.  The Print to PDF is a work around but my paper use costs are going up as sometimes I forget that step.  Been doing it the normal way for 20+ years now. 🙂  I have sample prints that show what I am describing but you get the idea.  For $5,000 I want my software to work.  If needed my printer is a Xerox VersaLink C405 using the VersaLink C405 V4 PS Driver.  No other software on my system is having an issue.  Immediate help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

They changed some things with this year's software which has caused some problems for some of us.  I have been using the print to pdf for all of my business returns and some of my individual returns when certain forms are being used.  They know about the issues but they said it was going to take quite awhile before they can come up with a permanent fix. I don't find printing to pdf to be a huge problem.  Either print all of your returns to pdf so you don't forget or if you don't want to to that, put a little sticky note on your computer monitor to remind you.  For those that returns that get forgotten, the United States paper industry thanks you.

Slava Ukraini!
House
Level 3

Thanks for the chuckle. I didn't think about the set all printing to PDF.  Good idea.  I will do that for now.  By stock in paper companies. 🙂

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just stay away from any paper companies named ACME 😬

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration. We use a third party to handle printing to printer, and for TY20 we had to update to a supported version. That fixed some issues and seemed to introduce new ones.

With our release this Wednesday we are introducing 2 more work arounds as Global Print Options:

- Print to Adobe Reader

- Print Text as Image

If you already have Reader and don't mind the extra click, the Print to Adobe Reader might work for you.

If you just want to hit print in ProSeries, then Print Text as Image might work for you.  It has a little bit of performance overhead, but not nearly as much as the "Print as Image" option that's already there.

0 Cheers