Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 return efile

wjrcpa
Level 1

when will proseries accept efile submissions

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
itonewbie
Level 15

Are we there yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

It will accept e-filing submission when the IRS' MeF reopens to accept e-filing.  MeF for business return has already been open since Jan 8, 2021 and the one for individual returns will come back online on Feb 12 (as announced by the IRS last Friday).

You should consider subscribing to the newsletters from the IRS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dkh
Level 15

🍵

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe ProSeries could put an alert in the software telling folks when e-filing starts.  On second thought, nobody reads those anyway. 

Maybe folks could do a search here to get their answers.  On second thought, the search function doesn't work worth a crap.  Just keep the counter rolling!

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

It is rolling so fast I can't see the current numbers, I will report later in the day when the blur stops..

Some times it seems folks are in a parallel universe, same Info available to all.....some use it, some want other folks to use it and then tell them about it. I probably shouldn't make comments until afer my 4th cup of Acme coffee.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are drinking ACME coffee, I would stop at one.

Slava Ukraini!
wjrcpa
Level 1

I saw that on the IRS newsletter. My question was more along the lines if you could efile and Intuit would just hold them in the queue until the IRS began accepting submissions. 

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
dkh
Level 15

Nope

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Camp1040  - that is the most detailed answer I have seen so far on the topic.  Keep up the good work.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

I never want to be in the first batch of e-files just in case a mass catastrophe hits.  Even more so, I really don't want to trust Intuit to park a busload of my returns someplace and then hopefully they remember where the bus is parked just before they drive it into another mass catastrophe.  

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 12

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.