Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 proseries tax professional not downloading

CR EA
Level 1

I'm gettting an incompatible program error when i run the troubleshooter,

I've updated everything, closed, restarted and repeated. checked every forum, question and answer and it's still not working

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

When you say not "downloading", you mean to install the program, right?  Or is the program installed and you are trying to download updates or something else?

Have you tried downloading from the website, as well as tried to download it from the 2019 program?

When you say you "restarted", does that mean you rebooted the computer?  If not, that is something you want to try.

If it still won't work, you may need to contact Support tomorrow.

CR EA
Level 1

Yes I meant installing 2020 proseries tax pro, ......... i've updated Windows, my Microsoft account, 2019 Proseries installed products, ran the troubleshooter, shut down and rebooted my desktop (5 times)......I;ve never had this much trouble with previous years. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

do you get any type of message or error?  At what point do you run into trouble?  Seems like many people have struggled this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
CR EA
Level 1

Had a new digital hard drive installed on my desktop computer thanks to our local computer repair shop. 

They told me they didn't try to re-install  Proseries 2020, though I did explain my issues. When I picked it up and hooked it up in my office, was away from my desk for a few minutes after start up and came back to 2020 Proseries already installed and opened to transfer last years files and send Link invites to clients with personalized checklists no problem. 

0 Cheers