Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Form 709

When will the 2020 Form 709 be available in Pro Series Professional?  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pclewis
Level 2

Well, well.  9:00pm CST on Sunday, January 19th and it shows up.  As far as I know only the Power of Attorney is missing.  Off we go.

View solution in original post

23 Comments 23
George4Tacks
Level 15

Per https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates it was last week 12/18/2020

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Thanks George.  I am unable to get it to show up.  This is my first year with ProSeries.  I did not know I'd need the 709 when the program was first set up.

In Update/Select and Download New Products - the 709 is checked.  I've run this a couple of times.  I also ran Update Installed Products and Refresh Updates.

I've installed everything when prompted but I am not getting the 709.  If I go to New Client I don't get the 709 as an option.

How do I get the 709?

George4Tacks
Level 15

Follow these instructions, just replace 1040NR with 709. Are you sure you have Professional? @Just-Lisa-Now- can likely help after opening all her Christmas gifts.. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its not downloading or installing for me either.

706 is ready, but nothing for the 709.

Im not sure if we'll see any more updates until after the 1st of the year, but maybe try updating again next week...generally PS updates come out on Thursday's.   

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Hi George,

Thanks for spending part of your Christmas helping me. 🙂  Follow what instructions?  Yes I definitely have Professional.

0 Cheers

Hi Lisa, thank you for letting me know and on Christmas no less!

I will try a week from now.  Good info, too, that updates happen on Thursdays.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

I just this moment downloaded an update, and no 709 yet.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

Thanks for letting me know!  Glad it's not just me lol.

0 Cheers
othorn
Level 2

Same for me.  709 was supposed to be available 12/18/20, but not downloading as of 1/1/21.

Frustrating and no definitive info on when it will be available.

pclewis
Level 2

An update is shown for 1/8/21.  Yet still can't get the Form 709.  Support is no help as they don't know any more than we do.  I may have to get another software to get this done.

I also updated and did not get the 709.  What do you mean, another software?  Do you think it will never be available?  It's part of the package, yes?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It's not unusual for updates to get delayed.  Are you up against some kind of deadline time crunch?  I thought the due date was 4/15 ?

No, no time crunch.  I happen to have all the needed info now and would like to just be done with it but it's not really urgent.

Thank you!

pclewis
Level 2

I need to get the 709 done in January.  If Intuit would just give us an accurate release date (they missed 12/18 and 1/8) we could at least plan.  Problem is that their support is clueless why we cannot get the software.  There is a release posted for 1/29.  Is this it?

Simple fact is that someone know what the problem is and is not communicating it.  It is a little late for us to buy another software package, but that is what will have to be done if this delay continues.

I am not happy with Intuit, not because of the delay, but because of the lack of communication.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sadly, you just can't rely on 2020 forms for returns due in April to be complete and ready before the end of January, but I agree that they should put out better estimates of when a form will be finalized.

@Orlando or @IntuitAustin  can either of you flag down someone in this department and see where this form stands?  The release schedule shows Jan 8th, but thats come and gone and still nothing,

0 Cheers

I agree also. Communication is something over which they have absolute control.  There should be an accurate release date for every form. 

The IRS released the 2020 709 on Dec. 8, btw.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Asked.. will let you know.

0 Cheers
pclewis
Level 2

The thing about 709's is that most want their estate attorney to review them.  To get this done you have to start early.  People have done their gifting by 12/31/2020, so it is not like waiting on 1099's etc.  Prepare the form, send it to the attorney and wait for that to happen.  You don't even need the form to be final and 709's are not even efiled.  Just get them out early before everyone gets plugged up with other things.

0 Cheers
pclewis
Level 2

This is a particularly tough year for 709's since everyone anticipated a Democratic sweep and the loss of the increased lifetime exemption.  Estate planners recommended "use it or lose it".  May be a record year for 709 filings.

0 Cheers
pclewis
Level 2

Well, well.  9:00pm CST on Sunday, January 19th and it shows up.  As far as I know only the Power of Attorney is missing.  Off we go.

Thanks!  I got it. 🙂

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Um, but today is only January 15.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
pclewis
Level 2

I think I meant the 9th.

0 Cheers