Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 CA Health Insurance Coverage

PZNJ3812
Level 1

My client was covered up until May.  No coverage June through December.  High income, no reason for an exemption, just a misunderstanding as to how long he would be on his parent's insurance. On Form 3853, Part III, Request Exemptions Smart Worksheet,  I have checked all months, with Z for January through May, and X for June through December.  The Z months are not carrying down to the Health Care Individual Responsibility Calculation Smart Worksheet, where clearly there is a capacity to show Z for covered months. He is being treated as having no insurance for the entire year.  What am I doing wrong, or is there a problem with the program?  Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No, I see what you mean....I havent had anyone that hasn't been covered, so I havent noticed this yet.

@IntuitBettyJo  has anyone else mentioned this to support, do you know?  This is what Im seeing

cainsurance.pngcainsurance1.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PZNJ3812
Level 1

Thank you for putting this forward, Lisa!

Pat

0 Cheers
PZNJ3812
Level 1

Hi Lisa,

Just so you know, I just got a Do Not Reply message from Intuit, asking if my issue was solved.  It has not.  Since you seem to have a connection with support, I would appreciate it if you would please follow up, as I cannot Reply! Or if you could please let me know of another reasonable avenue, aside from phone, since I am new to this community.  Badges are very nice, but they don't help anyone!

Many thanks, and be well!

Pat

0 Cheers