Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 1098-T filled out incorrectly

lindadod0626
Level 3

Client's daughter's 1098-T shows amounts billed in 2020, not amounts received.  I've even talked to the bursar herself, and she insists the form is correct.  The way the form was submitted, some scholarships will be taxable.  

I have reviewed this thread: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/1098t-should-box-1-incl...

However, I am still unsure of what to do - enter the correct number and hope for no IRS letter?  I am inserting a statement, but am not clear on what else to do.  I appreciate your assistance.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
There should be a reconciliation area on the 1098T right below the form entry so you can input what was actually paid.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
There should be a reconciliation area on the 1098T right below the form entry so you can input what was actually paid.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
lindadod0626
Level 3

Holy cats, thank you so much!  I've seen that there a thousand times and never knew what it was for.  Whew.  I am so relieved.  

0 Cheers