Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 1065 SCH L: How do I report GAAP balance sheet but Tax Basis K-1's for members?

KDW
Level 2
New Tax Law requires Member's K-1s to use Tax Basis.  Instructions to 1065 says the Sch L balance sheet is supposed to be on GAAP or BOOK basis.  
How do I get ProSeries to let me have the sum of the  K-1s capital accounts "not" equal Sch L and M-1 ending capital account balance?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KDW
Level 2

Thanks, but the problem isn't with the K-1 Tax Basis.  

I see now that M-2, Line 3 "Net Income per Books," per the instructions, should be overriden and replaced with Taxable Income.  I assume we are supposed to override the BOY capital such that it is Tax Basis.  Then the M-2 will match the K-1s.  From speaking with another CPA for a Big 4 Firm, he says M-2 doesn't need to match SCH L and no reconciliation is needed for 2020.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
JRC
Level 8

Use the "Sch K-1 Wks" entry form for each Partner and Enter an Adjustment there in the Field "Adjust to tax basis" (######.00).

KDW
Level 2

Thanks, but the problem isn't with the K-1 Tax Basis.  

I see now that M-2, Line 3 "Net Income per Books," per the instructions, should be overriden and replaced with Taxable Income.  I assume we are supposed to override the BOY capital such that it is Tax Basis.  Then the M-2 will match the K-1s.  From speaking with another CPA for a Big 4 Firm, he says M-2 doesn't need to match SCH L and no reconciliation is needed for 2020.