Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 1040X

TP82
Level 3

I know the 1040X is not final yet but just like every year, 4 days after a client's return is transmitted, they call or stop by to drop of the W-2 "that they totally forgot they even worked there last year".  Anyway, just to keep the paper clutter down, I entered the W-2 info on their return to prepare the 1040X and the 1040X is not calculating that they are getting their Recovery Rebate since they did not receive a stimulus payment.  It doesn't include the rebate as part of the original payment and causes that amount to be added to the balance owed.  Just a heads up so this can be fixed or figure a work around.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not following what the RRC has to do with adding another W2 for an amended return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TP82
Level 3

When you do the 1040X, it calculates the balance due taking previous payments, previous refunds and whatever is left (in this particular case) the balance owed.  They received 3600 in Recovery Rebate and the program doesn't calculate that as a previous payment so it adds the 3600 to the balance due.  I can enter it manually as a refundable credit, then the balance owed is correct but shouldn't have to do that.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Maybe its just not working correctly yet....I havent used it at all yet this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪