Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 won't start

Wuhrman
Level 2

I've been using 2019 ProSeries Professional all year, and suddenly, this afternoon, it won't start.  When I click on the icon or the .exe file, it commences start-up, but then freezes.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wuhrman
Level 2

Okay, I spoke to tech support this AM.  The corruption was in the AppData directory.  So they took me to:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Intuit\Common\Authorization\v3\CefSharpBrowserCaches\protax19

where I had to delete everything.  Then I restarted ProSeries, and it allowed me to login, etc. 

One further thing -- because I had uninstalled and reinstalled first, my Home Base no longer showed all of my files, so I had to use Options to redesignate my chosen data directory, and then run Database Maintenance to repopulte my Home Base.  It was time consuming, but got the job done.

Thanks again, Lisa, for your help last night.  Even though your suggestions didn't resolve it, I sure appreciated your working with me on your own time.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You've restarted the computer since it began doing this?

Sometimes an incomplete Windows update can cause issues like this, a restart would let Windows finish the installation.

If you've already done this, Id suggest an uninstall/rename/reinstall.  You wont lose any client data files.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/reinstall-products/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-intui...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Wuhrman
Level 2

I've done everything except the uninstall and reinstall.  Guess that's next to try.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had it happen to me a couple years ago, all my years went kaput...but I was in need of a computer upgrade and took that as a sign to just do it! LOL

Later I did have an computer guy come look at the old system, it was a corrupt Windows update that had hosed everything, he was able to get it all back up and working, but I already had the new system up and running.

Wuhrman
Level 2

Nope, uninstalling, renaming, and reinstalling didn't work either.  But I did get a message that said "ProSeries Access Rights requires an important file that is missing, corrupt, or has been modified.  Please contact ProSeries Technical Support at www.proseries.com/support."  So I guess that's the next step.

Thanks anyway, Just-Lisa-Now.

Wuhrman
Level 2

Thankfully, 2006 through 2018 are still working (I checked them all).

I just acquired a new (well, refurbished) computer about 2 months ago, so it would seriously suck if I have to replace it.  Support is closed, so I can't do anything more tonight.  No point in worrying about it until tomorrow.

Aren't you nice to follow up with me?  Hope you have a pleasant evening.  Stay well, and safe.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well that sucks, sorry.

@AshleyatIntuit  do you recognize this message about Access Rights missing a file?

0 Cheers
Wuhrman
Level 2

Okay, I spoke to tech support this AM.  The corruption was in the AppData directory.  So they took me to:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Intuit\Common\Authorization\v3\CefSharpBrowserCaches\protax19

where I had to delete everything.  Then I restarted ProSeries, and it allowed me to login, etc. 

One further thing -- because I had uninstalled and reinstalled first, my Home Base no longer showed all of my files, so I had to use Options to redesignate my chosen data directory, and then run Database Maintenance to repopulte my Home Base.  It was time consuming, but got the job done.

Thanks again, Lisa, for your help last night.  Even though your suggestions didn't resolve it, I sure appreciated your working with me on your own time.

Wuhrman
Level 2

One other thing.  After I repopulated the Home Base, I didn't yet have all of my EF acknowledgments, and all returns looked as if they hadn't been filed yet.  I solved this by highlighting all returns in the EF screen, then:

1.  Clicking on E-File;

2.  Clicking on Electronic Filing; and

3.  Clicking on Update Acknowledgment Status of Selected Returns/Extensions/Payments.

And voila, all of my e-filing statuses are now back up to date.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thanks to @Wuhrman  for detailing the solution.  Hopefully that will help somebody else in future with a similar problem.

AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- sorry for my delay in replying.  Glad this all got resolved and to echo, thanks for posting your resolution because it will likely help someone else somewhere down the line! 🙂