Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Pro Series e-file acknowledgement

wmkwmk
Level 2

Efile acknowledgement not working for 2019 and I could not file a NY corporate return for FYE 3/31/20 on its due date of 1/15/21. First attempt with tech support was unable to correct the problem. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

efile for individual returns is shut down until Feb12th     Efile for business returns opened Jan 8th.   

Have you updated the 2019 program?  Was there an error in the corporate return to prevent it from efiling? did you get a efile rejection or did it just not convert/transmit?

wmkwmk
Level 2

thanks for reply...I'm aware of the shutdown but I don't think it is related to that. Had the FYE 3/31/20 that was due on 1/15/20 including federal 2019 C corp return with a NJCBT and a NY. The federal and NJCBT went thru on Fri. But NY did not go thru. No error or rejection...just a "did not convert" response. When I click to receive acknowledgements in general, it does not bring back the screen that shows there are no acknowledgements to report back on as it normally would. I have a few 2019 1040's and previously I would get the ProSeries reply that it could not be filed yet due to shutdown. Now...I get no acknowledgement on anything on the 2019 module.

If do get acknowledgement for the 2020 module saying nothing to report. I spent a while with support on Friday and we updated, refreshed, etc. but no fix. Support closed today so I will try another shot with them on Tues. I had similar issue once before and refreshing update did the trick but not this time. I was just trying to see if this maybe this was a ProSeries issue that others were experiencing.

wmkwmk
Level 2

FYE 3/31/20 that was due 1/15/21

0 Cheers
tjg1960
Level 1

I cannot file 2019 individual tax return until 2/12/21?  I thought it was only for 2020 tax returns.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@tjg1960  that's correct  -    2018, 2019,  and 2020 returns - no efiling until Feb12th

CMTaxcpa
Level 1

I also had the same problem on Friday. Federal and other state returns went through but I can not get NY to go through. I also did the refresh updates and nothing worked. I am not showing returns that I was told by technical support were accepted on Friday as ready to be filed today. I am not able to transmit any returns now. Very frustrating as I was on the phone with support for most of the day Friday. 

Please let me know what you find out today! I will also be calling in. 

0 Cheers
wmkwmk
Level 2

Called in to tech support this morning and was a repeat of Friday call...very helpful people but no fix. In my case my acknowledgment feature is simply not working. On Friday I efiled a FYE 3/31/20 corporate 1120 and NJCBT and NJ which were due 1/15/21. I selected all three and efiled all at same time. The fed and NJ went through even though I got no acknowledgement back. The NY did not go thru. The 1120 and NJCBT do show in my accepted screen as accepted (1120 on Fri night and NJCBT on Sat). The NY corp return will be late. The price paid for me waiting to last day I suppose.

My 2020 acknowledgement feature does work and brings back a "nothing to report" response as would be expected. My 2019 and 2018 acknowledgement feature simply do not work right now...they seem like they are not communicating with Pro Series server which stops returns from converting and transmitting.

Tech support said that there are others with same problem and that they are investigating. Something similar happened once before and it was solved with an update refresh...but not this time.  

Frustrating for sure but not as bad as PPP2 calls, texts and emails at same time.

0 Cheers
SALUTAX
Level 2

I need cod to transmit 1120s amend 2019 please?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

2019 returns can no longer be efiled. Only 2020, 2021 and 2022 as of today 6/12/2023.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think the code is:

N-o-C-a-n-D-o

Slava Ukraini!