Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Original rejection.

treasur2
Level 3

The client told me they filed for 2019 on their own with HR. We're still waiting on a refund after 8 months. I helped establish an IRS account. Pulled letter from account stating IRS had no record of receiving the return. Pulled all info from IRS account and HR return. Filed. Got rejected with the statement that file/return has already been filed. So one IRS system is saying it has the other saying it has not.....been filed.

Any opinions or guidance before I go get in the priority call queue?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

"I helped establish an IRS account. Pulled letter from account stating IRS had no record of receiving the return. "

This just means it hasn't been processed yet.

Per IRS " As of October 2, 2021, we had 6.8 million unprocessed individual returns. Unprocessed individual returns include tax year 2020 returns with errors and those returns requiring special handling such as those that require correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC)."

My info was outdated. "The IRS is opening mail within normal timeframes and all paper and electronic individual refund returns received prior to April 2021 have been processed if the return had no errors or did not require further review. As of October 9, 2021, we had 7.1 million unprocessed individual returns. Unprocessed individual returns include tax year 2020 returns with errors and those returns requiring special handling such as those that require correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC)."

Ex-AllStar
treasur2
Level 3

Even if eFiled?  In February?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes.

Ex-AllStar
treasur2
Level 3

Ouch!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

This was a 2019 return, but not filed until February 2021?  Has the 2020 return been filed?  Any results?

0 Cheers
treasur2
Level 3

Yes. I filed the 2020 return. The TP received a large refundable credits refund.

0 Cheers
treasur2
Level 3

Thank you very much for the timely double-check.

This same TP filed a child's 2019 return incorrectly. Claiming a college-age child students exemption, along with AOC credit. The child is self-supporting. I have had the child paper file a 2019 amended return. She is still waiting on a refund. I've counseled could take a year!!

The TP 2019 personal return claimed an AOC, EIC, CTC refund. I have corrected and educated TP (parent) about this common issue. No problems.

But based on your earlier comment. I now believe TP is in fact under review for the above common errors.

Thank again.