Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Clients not Transferring to 2020

mvp2885
Level 5

We tried to transfer out 2019 clients to 2020, but for some odd reason nothing transfer. Everything seems to be working because when I select the file, it pulls up all the clients last names and part of their social (over 1829 client files) and for about 10 minutes, it shows that each is being transferred. After the transfer, NOTHING! It's like nothing happened! Because no client data actually transferred. 

We are on network workstations, we are doing the transfer from our server. However, the difference between this year and last year is that I noticed last year the person who did the transfer was showing as the "admin" now this year it does not show that to me. I have a meeting with the IT guy tomorrow to get this fixed, but I was wondering if anyone else has had issues transferring 2019 clients to 2020? 

Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

I'm not on a network so won't really be of any help but let's see if we can get ProSeries 

@Orlando  are your ears on this morning?   Can you assist?

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Odd. I have not run into this one.  So you got the transfer summary dialog, everything was green and ok, but then when you dismissed nothing was in your homebase view?  Can you go into your installation directory and check /20Data to see if the files are in there?

Can you retry just 1 file, and then assuming the same behavior can you email the following file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com:  [installation directory]\32bit\logs\proseries.txt?

0 Cheers
mvp2885
Level 5

This is what I get after the transfer. No files in 2020 directory 

0CD3BB90-F936-41C5-B1E0-67B0D54DE0D0.jpeg

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Weird. Can you  email [installation directory]\32bit\logs\proseries.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

I'm hoping it has more detail as to what is going on. 

Also, can you confirm.. are you transferring via File->Transfer?  I'm not sure what you meant by "it pulls up all the clients last names and part of their social".. but i'm also not as familiar with the Network product.

0 Cheers