Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 TY not transmitting EFile

joselopez395
Level 3

When I try to transmit a 2018 TY Individual client I get a rejection saying that this version of the program is not current but no updates are available. I reconverted the files but still the same.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use Refresh Updates, at the bottom of the list when you click the Update choice on the menu bar.

Only 2018 returns without tax extenders can be efiled at this time, if you've got returns with tax extenders, the calculations still dont work, so you cant amend those yet either.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
stellex356
Level 2

I have the exact same issue!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use Refresh Updates, at the bottom of the list when you click the Update choice on the menu bar.

Only 2018 returns without tax extenders can be efiled at this time, if you've got returns with tax extenders, the calculations still dont work, so you cant amend those yet either.

stellex356
Level 2

Thank you Lisa. That worked perfectly!

JFAUSS
Level 1

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

JCTaxAdv
Level 3

I successfully e-filed a 2018 Form 1041 on Monday, without having applied any Updates, nor having used the Refresh Updates process. Then today, on Thursday, I received an error (reject) upon attempting to e-file a 2018 Form 1040 (one without any extenders involved).

Update Installed Products did not resolve the 2018 1040 e-file reject; using the "Refresh Updates" option instead did resolve the problem, and I was able to successfully e-file the 2018 1040.

Many thanks! (I just wish there were a discernable rhyme or reason to the the way this kind of thing gets gerry-rigged to actually work, and that Intuit ProSeries were as clear, timely, and transparent in announcing when needed functions are live and available as they seemingly are in announcing when needed functions are delayed and inactive!)

Thanks again.

jeffrey
Level 5

Thank you for your answer. Just a comment. I knew of this issue with e-filing, I think I read somewhere Feb 20th 2020 was target to open 2018 to efile due to extenders. So this morning I first "updated ProSeries" 2018. It said "NO UPDATES". I went to E-file and told not current. I went to this website and found your article, used the update from within proseried (I used windows start menu to update. Now it is updating. Sounds like a bug in the software? It did work using your work around. I hope the developers fix this flaw

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Refresh Updates or using the Update Repair Tool "IS" the fix. 

They added this feature because they cant fix it automatically on their end.

A yellow banner informational alert being sent out now and then explaining this feature to people would be helpful I think.

mhi
Level 1

Thank you. refresh worked.

0 Cheers
Milwatch
Level 1

I have updated and refresh updating, and I am still getting the same error that the software is not up to date.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Try it this way, close ProSeries and use the REFRESH option from the Windows Programs menu.

refresh2018.png