Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 electronic filing

jamesdance
Level 2

I attempted to e-file a 2018 return, including federal, New York and an FBAR.  The NY return was transmitted then accepted.  The FBAR was transmitted and I'm waiting acceptance.  However, the federal won't go through.  Each time I get a message saying I have to update the program.  When I do that I'm told there are no updates.  Any suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

OK, this is the third time today that Ive posted this for a similar question...I guess the forum is broken and isnt allowing people to scroll down and read other posts or something.

You either need to use REFRESH updates from the Updates drop down menu (NOT regular Update Installed Products), or you can close ProSeries and use the REFRESH Updates ioption from the Windows Programs menu.

refresh.pngrefresh2018.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

OK, this is the third time today that Ive posted this for a similar question...I guess the forum is broken and isnt allowing people to scroll down and read other posts or something.

You either need to use REFRESH updates from the Updates drop down menu (NOT regular Update Installed Products), or you can close ProSeries and use the REFRESH Updates ioption from the Windows Programs menu.

refresh.pngrefresh2018.png

jamesdance
Level 2

Thanks, Lisa!!!  That worked.  It took a while for it to do an outsized number of downloads, but afterward I was able to e-file federal.  I'm amazed!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
glad to hear it! yes, it does take some time!

0 Cheers
jo1
Level 4

Bless you for your patience, I had not found other responses.

0 Cheers