Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Electronic filing

khorshed
Level 3

I am trying to file 2018 Tax returns electronically, I keep getting an error msg saying that the I need to update software. I did go update on the top menu, selected  "update installed products", it goes through the process of updating. However, when I try to file again I keep getting the same error MSG. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go back up to the Update drop down menu, this time choose REFRESH UPDATES at the very bottom of the drop down list.

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go back up to the Update drop down menu, this time choose REFRESH UPDATES at the very bottom of the drop down list.

refresh.png

Helpemout
Level 3

I am having the same problem.  The Federal will not file but the state did.  I did your suggestion of refreshing the update but still getting the error.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Using REFRESH is the go-to fix for this situation with 2018...you may need to do it multiple times. 

You may want to try closing ProSeries and use the Refresh Updates option from the Windows Programs menu under the ProSeries 2018 heading.

refresh2018.png

khorshed
Level 3

Thank you so much

Helpemout
Level 3

The refresh did work.  Thank you

0 Cheers