Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120S Section 179 The total carryover of disallowed deduction from prior year does not match the prior year Section 179 carryovers entered on each activity.

Sullivan-CPA
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
RAS1976
Level 3

I am having the same error and all the supporting schedules have the correct amount being carried forward from 2018.  Please respond ASAP on this issue. 

criley7978
Level 2

Did anyone get an answer to this issue?

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

I was able to get it to work by reentering the amount show on Line 10 of Form 4562.  Once I replaced the error with the same number it cleared the error out.  Did not make any sense to me but it worked and I hope it does for you too.  Have a great day.  

criley7978
Level 2

Thanks. I was excited for an answer but when I got into the tax return it will not let me type into box 10. I guess I'll keep looking for a solution. Thanks so much for responding!!

0 Cheers
tonypd
Level 2

Did you ever find a solution. I'm having the same issue.

0 Cheers
criley7978
Level 2

Sadly I have not found a solution besides filing an extension and waiting for an update hopefully from ProSeries.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

This morning I had this problem again and I left out a step to fix this error.  I went to the 1120S Dep Opt worksheet and zeroed out the carryforward amount and did that also on the Form 4562.  I then reentered the same amount on both the 1120S Dep Opt worksheet and Form 4562 and it cleared the error.  I hope this additional information will get you  through this problem.  

0 Cheers
criley7978
Level 2

Thanks for making me dig even more. I was trying to figure out your solution and I think I either found it or found another solution. I didn't have to zero anything out (at least that I know of...haha). I went to "Form 4562" and found that Line 10 did not have an input. I entered the carrryover, which looks like it fixed everything. Let me know if anyone else finds this option as a correct fix.

0 Cheers