Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099s, MICS, NEC, INT, DIV

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I have been printing them out with 1099 software.  This year with the new NEC now requires a 1096 for NEC series, MISC series and of course INT and DIV.  tried doing some and it is kind of a hassle and not working right.  Does anyone have a good priced online service that they use for this type of work?  thank you.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
VPBC1
Level 3

Jim from Ohio from Virgil from Ohio.   I have been using Turbo Tax Business and Home software for years to prepare W2s and 1099s and it handles the new 1099 NEC and associated 1096 fine.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It partially depends on how many you need, and if your state requires them to be submitted or not (some states require it, others don't).

I use efilemyforms.  But I only need a few of them, and my state generally does NOT require 1099s to be submitted to the state.  For $4 each, they efile them to the IRS and mail the 1099s to the recipients.  But if remember correctly, they don't file with the State, so if your state needs it, there are other services that include some state filings.

If you have a lot that need to be filed, doing it yourself with software is most cost effective.  But it is also more work, so filling things out with a 3rd party service may be worth it to you.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I use Quick Employer Forms. It will do 1099-MISC, NEC, INT and DIV, and W-2 and efile them. It does not send the state ones. We or the client have to mail the recipient's copy to them. It is an Intuit product. It cost me $163 and there is no limit on the number of forms.

I'm not singing its praises but it works for us.

There are many other choices. I'm just too lazy to investigate and switch.

Ex-AllStar
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I use PS Professional.  I tried to see how it works and start to sign up and got this message:

To continue with unlimited access to TurboTax Quick Employer Forms, you must be using 2020 TurboTax Business or 2020 TurboTax Home & Business software products, which can be purchased here.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I use "easy2efile" they file fed and state for a very reasonable rate. I only do around 30 or so a year. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

My link said to purchase through Lacerte. There should be a ProSeries option.

But it is the same product for Lacerte, ProSeries and Turrddo Tax customers.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Example:

https://www.tax1099.com/

You should search the web.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
TDC
Level 2

Not working right?  Understatement.  Testing it out today, tried to print 3 per page NEC-won't print the city, state or zip of recipient.  1096-NEC doesn't populate total number of forms or the total amount of all forms. Control page doesn't print 1099 amount and included names and ID's for all vendors--even those with zero reported.  From Print Forms select NEC and program gets stuck in a loop"...cannot access the file because it is in use by another application or process. Verify file not open by another application or process and try again."  

0 Cheers