Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-R CORONA VIRUS DISTRIBUTION FORM 8915-E 2020

taxesbymetjr
Level 3

Anyone know of when 8915-e will be available or the 1099-R will work for 2020 Corona disaster relief voiding the 10% early withdrawal penalty

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

@taxesbymetjr 

"cause I was chastised for for not using Pro Series resources, and believing."

Or: "The Peers that volunteer here gave me the bookmark link (it's in this topic), which saved me from having to google it, and pointed out I should monitor these things that matter to me in my profession, so that they don't have to keep looking it up for me."

This is not Intuit support, Customer support or Tech support. We only have the resources provided. We all believe them; what's your other choice? You paid for this, as I noted.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
18 Comments 18
athaureaux6
Level 8

I think the 10% penalty will be waived when they update the 1099-R form, if you scroll down, they already have something that says disaster distributions and there a box to check Coranavirus related distribution, you can see an alert pops up when you check saying it is not updated yet. I am not sure when they will updated. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

8915E is scheduled to be ready on 2/18 in ProSeries Professional.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

You have all of this available to you through your program resources. You paid plenty for this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/how-to-find-release-dates-for-forms-and...

Bookmark these resources. Use them often.

taxesbymetjr
Level 3

Yes we do, but 8915   E     is not on the release list.  So I guess we just wait for 1099-r to update and not need the "e".   Thanks

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"but 8915 E is not on the release list."

Yes, it is. It's been there all week.

I use Ctl F, then select that the global option is to Highlight, then enter 8915. Not any specific letters.

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer)Final on 02/18/2021, EF Not Allowed

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its there, its just not in any numerical order

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
taxesbymetjr
Level 3

Thanks guys, you got to help the old man out..Have a great weekend before all heck breaks loose..

0 Cheers
taxesbymetjr
Level 3

thanks 

0 Cheers
bhump
Level 1

how can they be releasing form on 02/18 when their isn't even a release date for the form on the irs website.  Just a draft of the form was released on 02/02.  Is that their guess on the 18th or does taxact know something no one else does?

0 Cheers
taxesbymetjr
Level 3

In agreement with you, cause I was chastised for  for not using Pro Series resources, and believing. 

Carryon and good work..

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@taxesbymetjr 

"cause I was chastised for for not using Pro Series resources, and believing."

Or: "The Peers that volunteer here gave me the bookmark link (it's in this topic), which saved me from having to google it, and pointed out I should monitor these things that matter to me in my profession, so that they don't have to keep looking it up for me."

This is not Intuit support, Customer support or Tech support. We only have the resources provided. We all believe them; what's your other choice? You paid for this, as I noted.

0 Cheers
ochoataxescpa
Level 1

Anybody know when this form will get updated the 8915E?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Anybody know"

Well, the links are right above your reply to this topic. You have all of this available to you through your program resources. You paid plenty for this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/how-to-find-release-dates-for-forms-and...

Bookmark these resources. Use them often.

MD24
Level 2

It is now 2/20 and I am not seeing the 8915E.  Is anyone else seeing it in their updates.  Clients are getting impatient and I am too at this point.  Thanks to all who reply in advance

qbteachmt
Level 15

@MD24 

"It is now 2/20 and I am not seeing the 8915E."

Did you look at the Form Availability?

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF on 02/25/2021
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Spouse) Final on 02/25/2021, EF on 02/25/2021

0 Cheers
amrieger
Level 1

I received this message on Friday the 12th:

Hello,

There’s an update on a TurboTax help article you’re following: "Why am I getting getting a 10% penalty on my 1099-R when I withdrew fund during Covid? (Form 8915-E)".

Form 8915-E, which is used for COVID-related early distributions, will

be e-fileable starting 2/24.

We know it’s frustrating to encounter problems like this. Thanks for your patience while we investigate and work on this issue.

If there’s something else we can help you with, feel free to give us a call.

Thank you,

The TurboTax Help Team

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Can someone from Intuit magically transfer this post from here to Turddotaxx since it seems that is where most of the activity is coming from? 😮

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@amrieger 

To be helpful, you should go to the TurboTax Community and Tell Them about the TurboTax updated info you just got.

This community is not even using that program. It has no meaning here.

I have flagged this entire topic to be locked.

0 Cheers