Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B shows sale of partnership interest not reported on K-1

CJMG
Level 1

Hello, 

My 1099-B shows sale of partnership interest by listing proceeds and cost for the items. However, the gain or loss column shows N/C, which means "Results may not be calculated for transactions which involve the repayment of principal, the sale of partnership interest, derivative products purchased in the secondary market, or the determination of ordinary income and/or capital items for discount and zero-coupon issues."

I've received a K-1 for this item, but these proceeds/costs were not reported on the K-1. 

In Turbo Tax, I deleted the line items from the automatic import for the 1099-B, and entered as a "sale of partnership interest" in the K-1 section instead. I think the impact was nil on my tax due amounts, but just wondering how this should have been treated. Was my treatment appropriate?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns