Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B Quick Entry Table

SDR
Level 2

Did anyone else notice on the 1099-B Quick Entry Table that the profit/loss is no longer provided for each sale?  The profit/loss amount was shown in previous years of Pro Series - I always liked to see that as it provided a quick double check for the sales information entries. 

Would be nice to get that back in place.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

100% AGREE. Unfortunately, Intuit is "change happy". They just can't leave a good process alone. There was absolutely no change in the tax laws that required the Schedule D data entry to change. It was totally self-imposed by Intuit. Now I can't verify whether the total gain/loss for a particular transaction is accurate without breaking out the calculator and wasting time crunching the number. Ridiculous. 

dalanger
Level 3

No kidding.  Was just going to suggest that.  Now you're scrolling up and down to double check the gain or loss.  Stupid!!  Bring back the old worksheet.

0 Cheers

Another case of Pro Series fixing something that wasn't broken.  And now it is broken.  The program is requiring dates even though S or L is entered.   You can enter Various for acquisition date but not for sales date.  I'm not inclined to make up a date but I guess I'll have to when I get a brokerage statement with hundreds of transactions which I will not enter separately.

0 Cheers