Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B Long List Import function

kzaccountingllc
Level 3

Is there a function in intuit pro that allows me to log into my client's stock account, then download and copy all the entries of his 1099-B short term / long term stock purchased/sold in 2019 so I don't have to enter them 1 by 1?

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

I don't use PS, but that's the concept.  And for covered sales, you don't have to attach anything.  Be sure to account for any wash sales.

YVW

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

I don't know if Basic does that..

BUT, why not just enter totals, then scan/attach the details.  You'd only need to do that for uncovered sales.

( Generic Comment )"
kzaccountingllc
Level 3

So in this case would I not bother enter the details in schedule D, but instead do it under the short term capital gain / loss with basis and selling price (total), then do the same thing for long term, and then under misc option A, check yes that I'm attaching one or more statement to form 8949?

Thanks

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I don't use PS, but that's the concept.  And for covered sales, you don't have to attach anything.  Be sure to account for any wash sales.

YVW

( Generic Comment )"