Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1065 Vs. Schedule C

mvp2885
Level 5

Was doing a Schedule C, later notice the client pulled out an IRS feid notice stating that "they must file a 1065." I believe the issue is that when he first registered his company, he put that he was a partnership. He did say that was his initial plan, but the other partner fell off, even before the company had any earnings. So what choices do we have? Should he just file schedule C and if the IRS sends him a notice of not filing a 1065, just send a copy of the schedule C? Or should he do an 8832? Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many years ago I had a similar situation, we filed a 1065 with zeros on it, marked it initial return and final return and reported everything on the Sch C.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mvp2885
Level 5

Will this affect his Feid? The company wishes to continue operating as a Single Member LLC, using the same federal ID. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ahhh, this wasnt an LLC that I had.  Sounds like the SMLLC is using the wrong EIN if that EIN was assigned to a Partnership.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪