Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 return

bernieniehaus
Level 1

I entered the detail of interest and dividends on Interest and Dividend Income Worksheet but the totals did not automatically transfer to page 1 of the 1041 return as it has in past years. When I manually entered the totals to page 1 the number appears in red. Why?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JH6
Employee
Employee

Did you make an override on Form 1041 line 1 or line 2 but later removed the number and forgot to cancel override? If you right click on the field, do you see "Cancel Override" option ? 

The calculation on the line won't work until you cancel override. 

2021-02-25_15-49-13.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
JH6
Employee
Employee

Which part did you enter it on Interest and Dividend Income Worksheet?

bernieniehaus
Level 1

I used the detail portion of the Interest and Dividend Income Worksheet as I have for this client for the past several years without an incident. 

Curiously, I did a second 1041 return today and is worked perfectly - no red numbers.

0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

Did you make an override on Form 1041 line 1 or line 2 but later removed the number and forgot to cancel override? If you right click on the field, do you see "Cancel Override" option ? 

The calculation on the line won't work until you cancel override. 

2021-02-25_15-49-13.jpg

bernieniehaus
Level 1

That worked. Thank you.

0 Cheers