Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040SR: should i always use?

Golfer2016
Level 2

Should I always use the 1040SR?  I don't think it can itemize. I am just wondering if by using the regular 1040 it will disadvantage them.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

The tax will be the same no matter which form is used. I am not using SR. I have a hard enough time remembering where things should show up the new 1040. Not looking to learn another form.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
I let the program go wild and use what ever it wants. At least it is not a postcard size aberration.
6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. I like raised glazed.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

I do a lot of returns for retired folks so out of curiosity, I went in and counted all of the returns I prepared in the 1040SR format.  If my math is correct, to date I have zero 1040SR returns.  I am hoping to decrease that amount next year.  Who knows, maybe next year they will come out with something new again.  Maybe a 1040COVID to help account for all of those permanently retired folks named deceased that received stimulus payments.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont use it, I never used the 1040A or 1040EZ either.  It's easier for me if everyone uses the same form.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

My feeling, too.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

Same schedules, same options, different Size for easier fill in by Old People:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/new-form-1040-sr-alternative-filing-option-available-for-seniors

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers