Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 tax filing on October 18, 2020

Jerri
Level 1

I have tried on October 18 to file a return and it came back with a message that Electrtonic Filing for 2019+ Federal Personal is not yet available?  Why?  It is not October 19, 2020 yet!!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
kern
Level 3

Many of us having the same issue.  Maintenance was supposed to be today from 1a - 7a EST - however, this problem seemed to start yesterday and while maintenance period should be over, same errors are occurring for quite a few of us regardless of state.

quocbinh
Level 1

My e-life not working 

Ken Daniel
Level 2

It would be nice if someone in charge at Intuit would advise us as to what and when something is going to happen so we can get on with our lives! Is that too much to ask?

kern
Level 3

Same - have tried 4 or 5 times since 9am PST. Nothing! Same error

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Jerri  

"Why? It is not October 19, 2020 yet!!!!"

You are confusing Intuit's File Conversion deadline with IRS filing service. They have nothing to do with each other.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
arlenef
Level 1

As I understand it, you cannot convert your file by the end of the day, but you can still trnasmit. So, if I convert all my files today, can I still transmit tomorrow?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The word "conversion" is being Confused here.

Conversion as part of the e-filing Transmission Process is not the same thing as File Conversion for purposes of which Program you use to prepare tax returns.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2019-data-co...

"Intuit will be performing annual maintenance on the Data Conversion Service in preparation for Tax Year 2020 beginning Oct 19. During this time Tax Data Conversion will be unavailable. Oct 18 is the final date to submit tax data for conversion in ProSeries 2019. After this time, 2018 tax files will no longer be processed, and conversion services will resume when we begin accepting 2019 tax files with the release of 2020 ProSeries. Note: This information does not impact or relate to electronic filing."

It's not semantics. It's Function. It's for Moving client data files between Programs; not Filing with the IRS Fed or State return processing.

Ken Daniel
Level 2

Why then are we not able to electronically file 2019 returns?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

If you follow the links to the IRS resources, you can see their status, their plan, and that their ACA filing system was scheduled to be down until 3pm today. Perhaps their planned maintenance didn't go as planned and ran over.

0 Cheers
Ken Daniel
Level 2

You said: If you follow the links to the IRS resources, you can see their status, their plan, and that their ACA filing system was scheduled to be down until 3pm today. Perhaps their planned maintenance didn't go as planned and ran over.

I ask: If we are submitting our files/returns to you for staging your submittal to the IRS. why ,if I am understanding correctly, that the delay is caused by them; are/is Intuit joining in the blockage in our attempts to empty our files into your/theirs so we can all go home or at least move on with our cleanup projects?  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

They don't work weekends, unlike a lot of tax professionals.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

The use of you/your is misplaced. You are not talking to Intuit. This forum is "populated" by volunteer users of the software.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"if I am understanding correctly,"

Nope; you apparently are not understanding at all. It's no different than others asking if you are blocking theirs, so that you are not alone in having trouble sending.

"are/is Intuit joining in the blockage in our attempts to empty our files into your/theirs so we can all go home or at least move on with our cleanup projects?"

Blockage? Are you asking about System Maintenance, whereby the IRS gets things ready for the New filing year? You know, the timeframe in which you then start to complain that things are not ready in time? Because you cannot have it both ways.

As a peer user and volunteer, I am glad to share my resources that help you not be in the dark over what is going on that affects you and now that you have the links, in the future you can better plan for there to be unavailable resources during the dates and times given. In addition, I think we all are aware that sometimes, things don't go as planned.

cincycpa
Level 2

The only conversion I was able to perform successfully involves 50 year old scotch...

sjrcpa
Level 15

Sounds good to me.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
See! They come to work on Monday!
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/resolved-10-19-20-fili...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

🙂

Maybe all systems had a bit of that converted Scotch?