Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Payments set for Withdraw on April 15th?

MelissaFerrara
Level 2

We have had several clients call to say that the tax payment has not been withdrawn yet? Is there an issue with these payments similar to the ES payment problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Pianoman211
Level 3

That also appears to be an issue.  I also have several clients whose accounts were supposed to be debited for their balance due on April 15th and it has not yet happened.  Totally unacceptable.  There will be late payment penalties assessed and will Intuit pay for those?  What a mess on top of all the other issues.  I think there will be a lot of preparers switching companies next year, myself included.  And they sure didn't hesitate to send out the information about 2021 renewals.

I would hope that there would be some resolution to this issue that doesn't create more work for the preparer, but unfortunately I think not.

I really pissed.

Liesal
Level 4

just saw an alert regarding this issue.  quite honestly I need to know how a transmssion error could have caused this.  and yes my renewal notice was in my inbox this am.  

so does the alert mean if now my  April15 is missed and I donot have a scheduled june transaction i need to send a paper check or will it auto matically make a june ach?  what a debacle!

This might also help explain another issue where my clients rolled amount was refunded, perhaps another transmission issue. 

feeling frustrated

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have not seen anything that makes me think it is an intuit problem.

Two people have control of this.

One is the IRS whom people are losing their minds over having their $$ sit in their accounts longer than they expected.

The other is you, who chose to let your clients believe that you had control over the payment process, so now they call you.

I'm thinking there may be a lot more practitioners who quit with the electronic payments next year, and begin printing out paper vouchers, and putting the responsibilty back on the taxpayer to make their payments.

Pianoman211
Level 3

So does the delay in withdrawing 1st quarter estimates fall on IRS or on Intuit who admitted earlier today in an alert that they had a software issue?  I don't know who to believe or where to go to remedy the issue if I even need to.  Frustrating as hell.  Definitely going with coupons next year.  

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Interesting,

I just checked for alerts in my program and the last one I received was April 15 about the Ask and Expert session that day.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

It wasn't an Alert  - although it certainly should have been.   Just a post to the Community by IntuitAustin

Solved: 1040-ES payments not being withdrawn - Intuit Accountants Community

I'm sure many many preparers that need to be aware of this didn't see it.

0 Cheers
Pianoman211
Level 3

It was an alert.  Received it again yesterday afternoon.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Really?  So you had a yellow banner message yesterday?    

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7
0 Cheers
Pianoman211
Level 3

Affirmative (about the 1st Quarter Estimated Payments)

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The IRS (the ones that have created this issue, NOT Intuit...) issued this alert yesterday.  As a tax pro, I advise signing up for the IRS "free" alerts so you are in the know.

Attention:  Return Transmitters and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

We identified a delay in processing Form 1040 balance due, Form 1040-X amended, and Form 1040-ES estimated tax payment requests submitted via Modernized e-File. The issue has been resolved, and pending payments are being processed. The taxpayer's account will be credited with the original requested payment date(s). Taxpayers should not re-submit these payments.

If a taxpayer re-submitted  any of these payment requests due to the delay in processing they may cancel them by calling 1-888-353-4537. Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Pianoman211
Level 3

I saw this message as well but I received the Intuit alert on Wednesday the 21st advising that they messed up in transmitting the data to IRS prior to receiving any IRS notice.  I don't know who to believe.  I went with my intuition and am telling my clients to check with IRS at the 888 number listed to see if their payments are properly scheduled.  If they are, then don't change a thing.

0 Cheers