Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Line 10B, charitable contributions when client itemizes error

ejvtaxpro
Level 3

For client who itemizes on Sch. A, with charitable contributions > $4000, I cannot get rid of the Error Message on Line 10B on the 1040 Worksheet. I tried putting in $0, $0.10, $1, $250, and $300, and all give me an error message. I tried deleting it, still have an error. I clicked on "About charitable contributions", and the resulting help screen not only does NOT have this item, but many of the line numbers are wrong. What am I supposed to enter on 10b to clear this error message? Thank you all. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Try right click and delete line, if it's available. Go back to the original entry on the schedule.

ejvtaxpro
Level 3

Well, strange but true: the error went away after I fixed the mortgage interest deduction on Sch. A. I have no idea why the error was there, or exactly why it went away, but all is well now. Yikes. 

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

You always have to go back to the beginning and regular 'Delete" does not always work in ProSeries even when it appears it does. Glad you got it fixed.

chasetax
Level 7

not sure about your issue-but-there is a 'pink' line entry for 10b on 1040/1040sr worksheet

0 Cheers
ejvtaxpro
Level 3

Thank you very much!!

0 Cheers
ejvtaxpro
Level 3

Thank you! Got it fixed, yay!

0 Cheers