Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI

Highlighted

Relatively new to Pro Series basic- a client of mine has a small amount of his dividend income that is related to REITs and should qualify for QBI.  I believe to enter this I need to double click on the dividends and when I do screen comes up with additional dividend information.  When I enter the dividend amount pertaining to REITS (Box 5 Section 199A dividends) I thought this would be enough for the calculation to flow through but apparently I need to do more for this to flow through.  Any suggestions to get this to work?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

If you have entered it in the correct box for 199A dividends, the software should take it from there and you shouldn't have to do anything else.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15

If you don't see the dividends flowing to F.8995 (or F.8995-A, if your client's return requires that), you probably didn't make the input in the right place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Does the 8995 Line 15 show a deduction...or does the math on that form show why it doesnt compute one?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers