Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qbi

Highlighted
last updated ‎February 21, 2020 6:12 AM

qbi deduction those expenses not supported

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

what now?  what expenses?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

The QBI calculation won't complete because of a section 179 deduction flow through on an S Corporation K-1. Message keeps saying it will be addressed in later release. Like when??

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Sec 179, you mean?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Section 179 is accelerated depreciation. It appears on line 11 of Subchapter S receipient's 'K-1' form. If you have income on line 1 and deduction on line 11 of the 'K-1", the QBI worksheet won't complete the calculation. A note appears indicating the calculation will be addressed in a later release. The note has been there for more than 3 weeks.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 5

Same here. Just got a 1065 update and nothing changed. Still error states that it will be in s subsequent release. But when.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@RJGCPA wrote:

Section 179 is accelerated depreciation. It appears on line 11 of Subchapter S receipient's 'K-1' form. If you have income on line 1 and deduction on line 11 of the 'K-1", the QBI worksheet won't complete the calculation. A note appears indicating the calculation will be addressed in a later release. The note has been there for more than 3 weeks.

Your earlier response came in prior to me writing my Sec 179 question. I understand Sec 179. But the original question was vague....I was ascertaining what exactly was in question. 

I  have sent a sanitized file in and they know there is an issue but there is no date that I know of as to when it will be fixed. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted

I have called in twice already on this issue.  Originally told it would be update on 2-20-2020 when form 8995-A was finalized.  When this update did not correct, I called them again.  I was told yesterday that they were sending another update down overnight that would correct.  Again, update did not correct issue.  ProSerie lies - just tells you an update is coming to get you off of the phone.  It is no wonder that everytime I call there is a high volume of calls, they are NOT correcting issues.  I hope you can get it corrected, I would like to e-file ASAP.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@trexlerwatson wrote:

I have called in twice already on this issue.  Originally told it would be update on 2-20-2020 when form 8995-A was finalized.  When this update did not correct, I called them again.  I was told yesterday that they were sending another update down overnight that would correct.  Again, update did not correct issue.  ProSerie lies - just tells you an update is coming to get you off of the phone.  It is no wonder that everytime I call there is a high volume of calls, they are NOT correcting issues.  I hope you can get it corrected, I would like to e-file ASAP.

as would I. 

0 Cheers