Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI Only component showing up on Sche E as if owned by the Taxpayer

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎February 24, 2020 3:20 PM

Has anyone run into a QBI only component entity having to be entered on a separate K-1 worksheet, therefore now being shown on Sch E pg 2 as if the Taxpayer owns this K1.

In reality another flow thru entity reported by the taxpayer actually owns the LLC, so I do not believe it should be shown on Sch E Pg 2 at all.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 12

This has been asked Twice:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/qbi-only-entity...

Once for Online and once for Pro Series. It helps to ask Once, for the program you are using. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

But never answered....

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

"But never answered...."

@dusty10c_cpa 

You have confused your Peer users who would try to help, if you stated which program you are using.

You posted this in Two Places. Are you trying to do this in Both Programs? Or, did you want an actual answer to a specific question?

Because it's not nice to confuse your peer users. They are a bit busy, this time of year.

This is not Intuit Customer Support. You can call them, if you would like, instead of trying to get help from your peer users.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

ProSeries....I put it in the ProConnect board in error....

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

Let's try a shout-out or 2 or 3:

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

@IRonMaN 

@sjrcpa 

Perhaps you can help this person? Thanks.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@dusty10c_cpa wrote:

Has anyone run into a QBI only component entity having to be entered on a separate K-1 worksheet, therefore now being shown on Sch E pg 2 as if the Taxpayer owns this K1.

In reality another flow thru entity reported by the taxpayer actually owns the LLC, so I do not believe it should be shown on Sch E Pg 2 at all.

I havent had anyone with a K-1 come in yet, but Im not sure I actually understand the question anyhow.

You have a K-1 of some flavor, but a different entity actually owns the LLC?  If the taxpayer doesnt town it, who does?  What SSN is on the K-1?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

When a K-1 has two components for QBI purposes, Proseries wants you to add the 2nd Component of QBI on a separate K-1 entry worksheet.

Company A (QBI Component1) owns Company B (QBI component2).

Company A's K1 includes the Company B income for Sch E tax reporting purposes.

To calculate the QBI properly Proseries wants Company B's QBI component income separately entered for QBI purposes (ONLY) via a K-1 entry worksheet. 

Company A is reporting all of the taxable income for both entities on Sch E page 2.

The problem is the name and ID# for Company B is also being presented on Sch E pg 2 which I believe will be misleading and lead the IRS to believe that Company B should be reported by the taxpayer, which is not correct.

Company B is NOT owned by the taxpayer only Company A is owned by the taxpayer.

Hope this helps to see the issue...I was hoping there would be someway to mark the Company B k1 worksheet as ONLY reporting for QBI purposes so that the name and ID# would not show up on Sch E pg 2 at all.

0 Cheers