Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI Error - "This will be nabled in a subsequent release."

Highlighted
Level 2

I have multiple clients with K-1s which have Section 179 depreciation.  When entering the K-1 on the 1040, I get the error "Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

Clients are pushing me for their returns.  The calculations seems to be accurate, but the error persists.  Any idea when this will be updated so I can inform my clients?

Labels (1)
16 Replies 16
Highlighted
Level 4

I have had two techs tell me on two different occasions February 12th.  What I've been doing is giving the return to the client for review / signature and explaining that while they have signed the return, it won't be submitted until the middle of February do to software issues.

That being said, I'm not pushing the button on February 12th, I don't trust the first round to be 100% at this point.  You can go into the K-1 and to section D1 on the personal return and enter this information manually to get the QBI to work.  Just double check all the calculations and let the client know that you are stuck with software issues.

No, it does not comfort my clients and I've assured them that if this persists I will find a different software for next year.

Highlighted
Level 1

I am getting the same error and it is now 02/13/2020.. Do you know when this error will be fixed/

thank you

Highlighted
Level 2

I just got off the phone with them and I was told it would be the end of the month before it was updated.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Today is 02/21/2020 and yesterday I spent an hour and a half with a representative trying to resolve this issue. It is not an IRS problem. All forms have been released by IRS. It is an internal calculation error in Proseries and it seems they are not able to solve it yet. She talked to the technical department and the only answer I got is that they may come up with a solution today or maybe in a week from now. But I see from other postings that some of you guys were told it can take all the way through the end of the month before they fix this. And a week or two ago some of you were told it will be solved by February 20, which evidently was not. This is absolutely shocking! What do we tell clients who need the tax return now???

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I just got off the phone with tech support.  The IRS has not released form 8895-A and it should be released on the 20th.  So the IRS is what is holding this up.  It took me 2 hours to find out this information from a tech rep that the customer service rep should have known, but apparently they did not give this info to the rep.  Although the Form 8895-A does have a yellow bar across the top indicating the IRS release date is for 02/20/20, this form was not activated by the program when attempting to deal with the error on the K-1.  Therefore, I had no idea this form was needed and was being held up by the IRS.  All this after 3 calls the last one took 2 hours.  

Highlighted
Level 3

I do not think an update was released today fixing this issue. Has anyone heard when this will be ready for filing?

Highlighted
Level 4

I know it wasn't released earlier today, as it is still showing up in the return I prepared yesterday

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Still open from my updates. Two earlier today. NO updates since noon.

Very disappointed with this and Form 8615 not released yet. Seems this is causing a lot of frustration for all>

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

I just had this for the first time.  It is February 19.  So it definitely wasn't fixed on February 12.

Highlighted
Level 1

Yes i get the same error and  today is 02/21/2020, when this problem will be resolve???

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I just installed all updates to now and still getting the same error.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

Finally!!!!!!!!!  An update today and now the returns can be e-filed.  

Highlighted
Level 2

Yep, mine working now.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Mine still takes be back to this error for review🤯🤯🤯

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

Did you install the latest updates?  It should work after that

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Thx for responding... I’m just doing it online.

0 Cheers