Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI 1041 Complex Trust-Sch E QBI isn't flowing through to Statement A

Highlighted
Level 1

Does anyone know how to get the QBI to flow through to the beneficiary's Statement A?  This is a complex trust, only has income is from one rental property reported on Sch E.  100% of the income is allocated to the beneficiary, but QBI isn't flowing through to Statement A.  I linked the bottom of the Sch E to a QBI worksheet of the same name and all the QBI amounts appear to be correct in that section of Schedule E. 

I see that form 8995 isn't ready for filing yet, so maybe that's why?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 1

I have the same situation...did you ever figure it out?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I think I have the same problem. I have a simple trust, so all income goes to the beneficiary. There are dividends with QBI on a 1099-Div. The trust doesn't have enough income because of the income flowing to the beneficiary. According to the IRS pubs the QBI should go to the beneficiary but it's not happening in proseries. I can add 14I to flow the portion of the QBI attributable to the dividend going to the beneficiary but I have to do that manually. 

Is that the proper way to report this?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I had a problem with REIT dividends and Sched E income not flowing through to Statement A on two different 1041s. After 3 hours on the phone with customer service, we determined that I had a "damaged form set". I had to uninstall 1041 and reinstall it. Everything in both returns is working great now! I hope that helps.

0 Cheers