Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client moved about 2015. He sold his Mass condo at a loss last year. He sold some stocks last year and ProSeries adds them to his Mass return. What to do?

dholroyd216
Level 1

He sold his Mass property at a loss last year so I prepared a Mass return for him. Pro Series added his gain on sale of stocks to the Mass return. He has lived in Calif for over a year so they want to tax his stock sales. What to do?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

PS doesn't have a mind of its own for that.  You just need to make sure CA is coded as the resident state and source only the condo sale to MA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
rbynaker
Level 13
If it's any consolation, I'm always fighting with MA returns.  There are a lot of entries that you need to make directly within the MA state module for these things.  Most other states work just fine when you use the NR state allocation in the federal module.  Not so with MA in my experience. 😞
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

PS doesn't have a mind of its own for that.  You just need to make sure CA is coded as the resident state and source only the condo sale to MA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers