Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS 2021 - I can print a test page, but when I print any blank form it produces no output

TCRick
Level 2

With ProSeries 2021, I'm selecting File / Print and selecting Print Blank Forms (under Print Functions).

I've tried a dozen different forms listed.  I've selected one and I've selected 5 at a time and I've selected 12 at a time.  Under Print Condition, I verify they are set to "Print form".  I click the Print button and it displays the Printing Message Log and says "Successfully sent to printer.".  However, nothing prints.  I have the print queue up and nothing is sent to the print queue.

If I select File / Print and then Print Test Page, I click the Print button and I see the job in the queue and it prints on the printer.  So, from what I can tell. ProSeries is simply not producing any output.

There is no option to change the printer in this section, so I know I'm selecting the same printer for blank forms as I am for the test page.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about troubleshooting this issue? 

Thanks, Rick

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I just tried it. I had a return opened, then went to "Print Options", selected "Print Blank Forms", scrolled down and selected a form (Tried both 1040 and Schedule C) then selected "Print Form" in the print conditions box to change the print condition to print. Hit print and it worked for me.

Jeff

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just tested printing a blank 1040, and it prints fine for me....will it print one at a time or are you only trying multiples?

Does it show the name of the printer at the top of the window once you choose the form and click the Print Form bubble?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TCRick
Level 2

Thank you.

It shows the name of the printer.  It is the same printer the test page prints to.

I have tried a number of different individual items to print.  I want

I did not have a return open before, so per JeffM I opened a return and then tried to print blank pages.  Still, no output.  What I want it is the ORG3: General Questions under 1040 Organizer, but I've also tried printing items under 1040 and 1065.  No output of any blank forms, but the test page does print.

I presume I'll have to contact support.

I appreciate the help.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If support can help you and you get it figured out, please post back with "the fix" just in case someone else has a similar issue in the future and finds this post!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪