Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeroes 2020 Federal Form 1065, unable to print to printer

HGH
Level 3

I am trying to print client 1065 return and worksheets. I am able to print to a PDF but cannot print to printer.

'xxx.tmp'

The message is, "Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'C282.tmp' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged....."

Has anyone else had this issue? Both ProSeries and Windows 10 updates have been installed, my workstation has been rebooted.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Is C282 the file name for the return?

Id save and exit the return, then come back and see if you have better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

HI Lisa, C282 is not the name of the return. Each time I attempt too print it creates a new .tmo file with a random name, so the message actually changes but the results are the same.

I've exited, rebooted, reentered and retried with the same results. 

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Maybe check to see if your specific printer has been selected as the DEFAULT printer.... Maybe something changed it...

0 Cheers
Norman2001
Level 7

Can you print the pdf?

0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

I can print to PDF

0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

I checked, the printer is my default Windows printer and my ProSeries Professional printer.

Thank you for posting!

0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

Yes, I can

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So you can't print ANY return to the printer? Or just that one?  Is this a new issue, just started recently?  You may want to run REPAIR updates and see if that helps at all.

Close ProSeries and you'll find REPAIR Updates in the Windows Programs menu under the ProSeries 2020 menu heading.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I wonder if it could be a Windows update... They keep prompting me to download the new update, but I always hold off as long as I can... always seems when there is an issue, it is related to an update or new software or hardware and then something isn't compatible between the printer and the computer/ software and so forth...

0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

Thank you, I tried it with no luck, Error message just printing to the screen.

I think it may be time foor a phone call. Time is short!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu any ideas before this customer calls into support?

0 Cheers
HGH
Level 3

I did speak with support.

They blame the printer driver for Adobe. However, Adobe has been updated and I have no issues printing to a PDF and then printing the PDF.. I can even open the *.tmp files that ProSeris prints to and print them, the same files ProSeries identifies and not valid.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@HGH Intuit may be correct on that... I do not currently have Adobe and I had no problem printing 1065 returns, etc.... .... Just my opinion...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So you can print to PDF, but you can't print that same PDF that youve saved?

And you cant print directly to the printer at all?

And is this for ALL returns or only 1065's or only this one particular 1065?

Youve powered off the printer and started it back up? 

In the 2018 program I cant print to the printer after any update, I have to restart both my computer and printer before I can print again...never figured out why or how to fix it, just got in the habit of restarting everything after updating.

0 Cheers
Frank F
Level 3

It is now Mid-Late February 2022.  I can not print to a printer nor can I print to a PDF.....

Something is very broken.

Windows 10.  HP Printer. 

Form 1065  ( and or Calif Form 565) ... which is where we all must start,,,,,

0 Cheers
CMaurice
Level 1

Hi Frank.  I am having this exact same issue.  Feb and State (California) 1065.  I cannot print to my printer or to a pdf?  And it's only for 2022 program.  I can print 1065 to both from my 2021 program (I'm using Pro Series Professional).  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @CMaurice thanks for being apart of the community. Here are several links that may help:

1. A community thread from 2021 "Cannot print pdf files in proseries tax professional"

2. A help article "How to configure Print Options in ProSeries Professional"

3. Additionally, reach out for further support, contact PS here.

0 Cheers