Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries updater failed

cinmon428
Level 7

I did an update today for my two computers. On the first computer, the first thing I did was "refresh updates." After that I hit "update installed products." I received one failure, "Proseries updater failed--wupdater 190-19548." Multiple attempts to "update installed products" resulted in the same failure.

On the second computer, I did not "refresh updates." I went directly to "update installed products." The program updated and there was no message that "Proseries updater failed."

Does anyone know what is going on and whether I should be concerned about "updater failed" on the first computer? Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cinmon428
Level 7

I tried that. Didn’t do a thing for me. I solved the problem by uninstalling Proseries Basic, renaming the data file, and reinstalling the program. Took an hour total. In the future I will stay away from the “refresh” option. That was necessary and worked towards the end of the last tax season but this year, as I said, it caused an “updated failed” message. 

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

I do not know what "refresh updates" means compared to "select and download products" compared to "update installed products."  Refresh is a new improvement this year which generally means it may be defective.  I have always used select product and do it on my own terms.  That is do not let Proseries update on its own.  I would not be concerned at this point about failure.   Update with select product tomorrow and that will correct all ills.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ProSeries professional has this new Update Repair Tool thats in the Programs menu, does Basic have the same thing?  If so, it might not hurt to try it.

updaterepair.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
cinmon428
Level 7

I tried that. Didn’t do a thing for me. I solved the problem by uninstalling Proseries Basic, renaming the data file, and reinstalling the program. Took an hour total. In the future I will stay away from the “refresh” option. That was necessary and worked towards the end of the last tax season but this year, as I said, it caused an “updated failed” message. 

jo1
Level 4

I'm having multiple issues with Proseries / DMS and updates.  It seems to correct itself with the next update.  I have multiple computers running for this very purpose, it seems to hose up one computer and not the other, so I just switch.

0 Cheers
bulldogcpa
Level 3

On my desktop.  ProSeries 2019 - Professional.

I use the manual update.  After it runs, at the top of the ProSeries Updater I have a "failed" message:

Item:  proseries updater

Version:  19548

my laptop runs the updater and does not return the message. 

How do i know what has or has not updated? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  or @IntuitCharlene  I think someone needs to jump in and offer some guidance on these update errors.

jo1
Level 4

Agreed - it shouldn't be this difficult to work in software that I paid this much money for.  And there is still no real techncial support.  Don't want to switch back to Ultra Tax - it's too expensive and I've jumped through too many hoops switching back to ProSeries, but I can't go through the whole tax season limping along for a second year.

bulldogcpa
Level 3

1 updates downloaded (wupdater-190-19548.rtp,).

zupUpdateSequence::PerformAutoHeal: ApplyPrimePatches

### proseries updater Failed
Error(22)
patch:C:\ProSeries\ProWin2019\Updates\wupdater-190-19548.rtp
File: 32bit\ProSeriesUpdate.inf
ProSeries Update
Failure Renaming File

zupUpdateSequence::PerformAutoHeal: Exiting at the end

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

0 Cheers
bulldogcpa
Level 3

Seems that today's update had a routine that corrected the update failure error.  So far, so good.

0 Cheers