Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Strikes Again

ajcpa
Level 3

I attempted to file electronically a client with a General Business Credit carryforward from 2019 to learn that Proseries does not support the efile a tax return with such a credit.    Can you believe this!!   I was under the impression that I am using the Pro version of the software and I having to do a paper submission because of a  business credit carryfoward which is not rare and unusual.   

This in not the first time, I have encountered this so-called pro-version of the software does not support certain forms or features over the years.   Maybe intuit should spend more time providing an efficient and true pro version of the software rather than spending time and money on features that most professional that I know, do not deal with it.   I can certainly understand highly rare and unusual instances may not be costs effective but I am curious of the added features and benefits, how many professional actually use them like cash loans and refund advances.  If a client can not wait to get their refunds, they probably can not pay my fee.  Just my opinion.  

I am a sole practitioner and can not believe the number of problems I encounter.  Anyone else frustrated?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

It has been a rough year and many of us on this forum have been frustrated at one time or another.. Are you sure about that not being able to be e-filed for the general business credit carryforward? I thought I did one couple of months ago and it went through but maybe I'm wrong...

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ll bite - how many problems have you encountered?

Slava Ukraini!