Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries slow to load

BillSittig
Level 2

ProSeries takes forever to load.  Any hardware tips to improve performance?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Proseries is a bit of a resource hog. A lot has to do with what ever else is/was open on your workstation. When things bog down for me I generally reboot and start from scratch. Other issues can involve your ISP.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
BillSittig
Level 2

Thanks Champ!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the slow startup time you're experiencing.. I know that's frustrating. Most customers load in 25 seconds or less, which isn't exactly blazing, but we're working on it. I know though it takes much longer to load on some machines.

The #1 thing you can do to improve performance is uninstall form types you don't need.  Some customers install them all, just in case (1120, 1120S, 706, etc).  Each one of those adds to the startup time.

To help troubleshoot your situation..

How long is forever?  

Are you using Network, Standalone Professional, or Basic?

Are you using our Hosted ProSeries product, or is it on your own machine?

Is everything on your computer slow, or just ProSeries?

Do you have any backup, disk encryption or antivirus software that could be kicking in?

If you're ok doing so, also let me know what your device id is (Help->About ProSeries, Version Tab). I can use that to lookup the diagnostic data we collect. That might offer some clues.

Murphy C
Level 1

Need help with very slow program loading. New computer with plenty of storage- DIrect hookup not wireless.

0 Cheers
techtbs
Level 1

Storage isn't the only thing that determines how well ProSeries will open. 

Make sure your computer also meets minimum requirements for PS listed here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/system-requirem...

In my experience, i7 Processor, 16gb RAM and a solid state drive has given the best results. 

It still takes less than a minute to open up the first time, but less than 20 seconds when you open & close frequently.