Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Professional 2020 Network install JN1 files?

lweav
Level 3

My 2020 network install is not generating JN1 files in the data file?  I’m assuming this will be a problem.  Any idea on how to fix that?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Direct from the engineer: Hello! As of TY20 .jn1 files have been replaced by .cache files. The .cache files are used to maintain the Homebase View/Database and are created along side the client files.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando  I know nothing about network installations or files, can you help with this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I don't know either, but I do know the engineer to ask. Stay tuned...

0 Cheers
lweav
Level 3

Thanks it would be appreciated.  Have uninstalled and re installed several times.  Called in today and spoke with a tech in network installs and she asked me if I had googled it...but she was very nice. 🙂

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Direct from the engineer: Hello! As of TY20 .jn1 files have been replaced by .cache files. The .cache files are used to maintain the Homebase View/Database and are created along side the client files.

lweav
Level 3

Wow!  You are the best!  I so appreciate the help @Orlando   that is such good news.  I will journey on then.  You might ask them to let tech support on network installs know that, as they were not aware when I called in.  You have saved the day for me.  Greatly appreciated and thank you to @Just-Lisa-Now-  for the hook up.