Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries payment coupon omits notice of penalty for mailing

DENNYCARR
Level 3

CT-1065/CT-1120SI ES must be electronically paid to avoid a 10% failure to comply penalty for the amount of the payment.  The 2019 and 2020 voucher (coupon) looks like every other ES coupon on Proseries.  The only mention of a penalty for non-electronic payment is practically hidden within a paragraph on the Smart Worksheet on a 2nd page of only the 1st coupon [ES 1].  Perhaps a warning watermark on all 4 ES coupons is in order?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
PATAX
Level 15

Or maybe Intuit can put a message about that in the section when you hit review button... it is funny how they are now pushing electronic payments, i.e. you can be penalized if you pay by check, if they let you... Of course many years ago they mandated check payments instead of Federal Reserve Notes, I.E. cash... But what is interesting is last time I looked on a Federal Reserve Note it states "This note is legal tender for ALL debts, public and private".... Yet cash and/or checks can be refused by entities.. don't get me wrong I have no problem electronically remitting payment, I'm just stating something interesting and of course as you know I'm just stating my opinion also..