Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries overcharging fees

Highlighted
Level 2

I have the pro 15 free entity return. If i print the federal, or do a federal extension, and later process the state, they charge you for the state, even though it was part of the 15, . Was also charged again for a full set for a return that had been included in the free 15. Any one have the same experience, and what can you do

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure if 15 means 15 returns or 15 clients.

You can print the audit trail of what you were charged for.  You shouldnt have been charged twice for the same return.

Tools> Pay Per Return> View Audit Trail

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

i WAS. THEY ALSO CHARGE YOU FOR THE STATE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS INCLUDED WITH THE 15 CLIENTS RETURNS

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I know PPR is pay 'per return' not per client, so fed and state are separate fees. 

I never thought about if you purchase XX number of returns that fed and state would be counted as separate items, but it makes sense since not all states have income tax.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 3

The 15 are only business returns not individuals..if you are doing an individual return that is more advanced and you need to use the pro series instead of basic you will be charged a fee.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

I also have this package and have had no problems.. in the business returns.. federal and state are considered one return. I noticed this package is no longer available so I guess I was grandfathered in.

Highlighted
Level 2

thanks

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

THE PROBLEM IS WHEN THE NJ RETURNS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, AND YOU PRINT THE FEDERAL RETURN AS ONE OF THE 15 FREE CLIENTS, LATER WHEN YOU PRINT THE STATE RETURN, THEY CHARGE YOU FOR IT. PROSERIES INSISTS THIS IS CORRECT AND FARE

0 Cheers