Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries not supporting e-filing an individual return with K-1 income

JGrahamAtlCPA
Level 2

I'm getting an error message on a North Carolina nonresident return that say "Returns with K-1s are not eligible for electronic filing.  ProSeries does not support this information to be filed electronically."  Message then provides instructions on how to file a paper return.

Is this something new or a bug in the software?  I've never had this issue with a North Carolina return before.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi

The message is popping up because there is tax withholding on Fed K-1 (Line 21).

There's no eta for addressing this at the moment but it has been brought up to the team. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IntuitGabi

I haven't seen this but I'll keep my eyes open for information and report back. 

IntuitGabi

The message is popping up because there is tax withholding on Fed K-1 (Line 21).

There's no eta for addressing this at the moment but it has been brought up to the team. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

@JGrahamAtlCPA  If the NC K-1 with NC withholding is the only NC source income I believe when you read the instructions you will find that no NC nonresident return is required

Ex-AllStar
JGrahamAtlCPA
Level 2

Thanks!

0 Cheers
JGrahamAtlCPA
Level 2

Thanks!  On the ones that I have to file, the nonresident withholding is way more than the taxpayers' liability, so it's worthwhile to go ahead and file paper returns.

0 Cheers