Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Network Install - Constant Homebase Reconciliation

TheBogs
Level 2

My two systems are Windows 10, version 1809

The network installation from my main (Admin) computer is to a NAS server.  The second computer is a WRKSTN install after the fact.  I have been using this same setup since 2004 and have not had anywhere near this much trouble.

I have been fighting PS2019 for far too long and no matter what I do, I end up with a frequent dialog about Homebase Reconciliation that can vary in length from a few seconds to an extremely long time.  The Homebase has just a few clients in it (a dozen at most) and an action as simple as opening a file and choosing Save will cause the issue.    Sometimes the very lengthy reconciliation will happen when just starting the program.

I have tried all of the various tools available to deal with the issue, and today I completely uninstalled the program and removed all directories (local and the file share).  After re-installation, which went very smoothly, the first client I brought forward from last year and entered a small bit of data produced the extremely long version of the reconciliation.  

I hope that others have seen this and might be able to provide some insight.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Connersville EA
Level 1

I am having the same problems.  When I call Proseries says nobody else is having problems 

I'm really thinking it might be time after tax season to look at a new tax program.

I am also having problem printing electronic filing report.  I am really discourage right now.

I was on the phone yesterday with Proseries.  The tech was really nice but she was the middle man while a computer tech was telling her what to do.

Proseries needs to be dealing with Professionals who is paying the big bucks instead of worrying about selling the individual program to the average joe.

0 Cheers
TheBogs
Level 2

I am very sad to read of your issues. I would like to make it clear to the Proconnect Community that I have been using ProSeries since before Intuit purchased the system. Old timers will remember that at one time Tubrotax was the "professional" version. I know this program, how it updates and most importantly, how to avoid attempting to get into Tech Support. I also have one of the finest IT people in my area and he has basically reviewed every possible option and still the problem continues. Currently I am able to do a work around but as the season moves forward I have deep concerns over the issue. When I decided to post my problem I was surprised that more folks have not had the same issue. When you use a program for 30 plus years you just know when something is not right. It would be easy to just lay the blame on poor Tech support but that gets you zero help. If Intuit does monitor this site I simply cannot expend the time to wait endless hours waiting for help.  Finally, the problem is real and if Tech Support is expressing that you are the only person with the issue, well I happen to believe that EVERY client, professional or personal, deserves proper and respectful support.

0 Cheers
NotHappy
Level 1

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM - THIS WILL PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS.

0 Cheers
republicTP
Level 1

Yes, same problem here. I assumed it is because we have hundreds of clients.  We didn't use the NAS setup until this year since we added a couple of additional employees and dealing with this a few times per day is seriously slowing down our speed and when you're dealing with as many clients as we are you can't have a slowdown. 

I'll be watching this thread to see if any help is offered but from what I'm reading it seems as though PS sees it as a non-issue type issue.

0 Cheers
TheBogs
Level 2

Saw this via my e-mail and wanted to send a quick reply between clients. Last Saturday we finally got to a very nice woman at Tech support. She quickly noted that Intuit does not support the NAS system. She made it very clear that everything including data backup needs to be on a Windows 10 system. My IT guy did not believe it would make a difference but we had the ability to do as Intuit advised. Since that time matters have settled down. If you have a strong IT person, make the switch and "sideline" that NAS unit. Hope this helps.

0 Cheers
rdptax
Level 1

Same issue here, brand new win10 1903 installs, brand new server 2019 1809 install for network install. Re installs, new installs. Still happening.

0 Cheers
rdptax
Level 1

I currently do not have NAS setup with similar or same issue. Curious if you are still good 4 weeks later? thank you

0 Cheers
TheBogs
Level 2

It did solve the problem once I moved to the Windows 10 server. Now I don't want to be a pain but it would have helped if Intuit made it very clear that ONLY a Windows 10 unit would/could act as both a server and backup. 

I understand change and agree that Intuit needed to upgrade the program but their help and support was/is bad. If it was not for my personal amazing tech support person I have no idea where I would be.

Like so many others I will be seriously taking a look at other software options after the season.

rdptax
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. This is now making more sense. I am certain the root of the issue has to do with SMB dialect on win10-server2019 or the like.  I did call support also at one point, but it was way too scripted of a support call and I didnt seem to be getting anywhere. Let me do some testing see what I can come up with reshare here.. 

0 Cheers

Our firm spends the majority of time every day looking at a home base reconciliation loading bar. This also happens on most years. I regularly delete the home base and do a complete home base reconciliation on every computer. I know very well that some of this is self inflicted by internal employees, such as sharing log ins.

Having a home base to look for clients is a minor convenience. Waiting for the home base to reconcile all day every day is a major inconvenience. I'm often thinking this time I really, really, really, really want to efile this client after an hour of wasted time.

0 Cheers