Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries login authorization error

lori3
Level 3

Continually getting an error when logging into Proseries. The error says "Sign in Completion failed. A task was canceled." The only solution I've found is to completely uninstall that year's ProSeries, changing the file name on the local computer and reinstalling. This has now happened 7 times this season!!! It had only been happening to ProSeries 2019 until today when it happened to 2019 and 2018 at the same time. Is there any thing known to cause this that I could correct to prevent it from happening yet again?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You may be having a conflict with another program on your computer. Have you installed any new programs lately 

0 Cheers
lori3
Level 3

No new programs or changes to my computer at all.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry you are having such grief, unfortunately I thank you will have to call support

0 Cheers
lori3
Level 3

Called technical support. It was a communication issue between the specific computer and the network server. Flushing the DNS on the affected computer solved the issue. (Just in case someone else has the same problem) Here was the link they sent me to use. My error message read just a little differently, but the first step offered in the link corrected the issue.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/sign-in-completion-failed-remote-name-cou...