Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Import function

Revener
Level 2

Encountering Error Code 1 when attempting to import data directly from a financial institution. No solution after 2 months. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi, sorry for my delay about this, here is what I know.  We have an open Investigation around this unexpected behavior with the following context:

Apex and Betterment , Raymond James , AmeriTrade give an error Code 1 after data is imported into the client file with 1099-B data.

Charles Schwab gives error: You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.(902)

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (902) AmeriTrade Error 1

FIDO Fifth & Third Bank no error code just message forms are unavailable

Based on the information above, we have an update anticipated for 4/22 (today).  If that update goes live, we recommend trying again to re-pull that FIDO , or alternatively use the Scan and Import feature.  Today's update should be live (it typically is provided around 3pm, EST) but if for any reason that update does not go live today, I will reach out to confirm new release date.

View solution in original post

16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seen many complaints, no fixes though, sorry.

@IntuitBettyJo  Im sure this is on someones radar over there, we just havent seen anything official about whats being done to rectify the issue...got any news?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Just saying my two cents here but of the ones I've seen the root cause has typically been unsupported bank. And aside from that have seen Banks that require an MFA secondary step that doesn't come thru with Fido. Note that the import feature is meant to save time and if that's an issue you've had for that long you may want to manually enter. 

abctax55
Level 15

You've sat on a return for two months rather than manually summarize & enter the info?  Wow.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

My back would hurt if I sat on something for that long.  What does your client think?  He or she must wonder what is going on.  They might have even read the instructions in the meantime  and found that you can just enter totals.

Slava Ukraini!
Revener
Level 2

Multiple returns with many, many details transactions. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you can enter totals.

Slava Ukraini!
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

When you say multiple returns, are you producing that error with all of them? And do all use the same bank? Also is this doing scan and importing or is this doing Fido?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many people have asked about it, many different banks, its been at least a month now. That same Error Code 1.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Noted @Just-Lisa-Now- tax scan and importing isn't my forte but figured I'd ask just in case. If all imports do this then I would lean towards software or the specific os. So let me ask this... When was ProSeries last updated and do you have any pending Windows updates not downloaded and or installed? And lastly if on a network can other workstations successfully import?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Slight additional edit: I will look at this Monday too when I get in the office, see if I can locate anything specific. and will report back if i find something specific to this. Promise 🙂  In the mean time i would stick by my recommendation of updating both ProSeries (and/or running Repair/Refresh updates) and checking to see if any Windows updates are pending.

0 Cheers
Revener
Level 2

The error code occurs when importing Fido. After the error message appears, the next message is "import has been successful" but the data do not show in the returns.  

ProSeries and Windows are updated.

0 Cheers
BrianG932
Level 3

Did you find out anything?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi, sorry for my delay about this, here is what I know.  We have an open Investigation around this unexpected behavior with the following context:

Apex and Betterment , Raymond James , AmeriTrade give an error Code 1 after data is imported into the client file with 1099-B data.

Charles Schwab gives error: You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.(902)

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (902) AmeriTrade Error 1

FIDO Fifth & Third Bank no error code just message forms are unavailable

Based on the information above, we have an update anticipated for 4/22 (today).  If that update goes live, we recommend trying again to re-pull that FIDO , or alternatively use the Scan and Import feature.  Today's update should be live (it typically is provided around 3pm, EST) but if for any reason that update does not go live today, I will reach out to confirm new release date.

Revener
Level 2

Investigation completed. Update released today fixed the problem. Thanks.

0 Cheers
Revener
Level 2

The direct import function is on the blink again the same as last year. Don't know why Intuit can't get this fixed. Spent 2 hours on the phone with tech  support to no avail. May have to do a work around. What a bummer. 

0 Cheers
Revener
Level 2

The Import function is a problem again this cycle. On the phone with Tech Support for 2 hours, and didn't get a solution. Is this problem being investigated and when can we expect a fix?

0 Cheers