Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Hosting Is Terrible!!!

gsscpa
Level 2

I've been using PS Hosting thru RightNetworks this tax season and it has been an absolutely terrible experience! 

I completely "lost" a client file that I had worked on several days. No one in support could provide any information as to why this happened. Sorry was the only answer I received.

When I contacted customer service to discuss the absolute terrible experience using hosting has been this year, the answer was sorry, you need to speak to support. 

Hosting support DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME SUPPORT HOURS as desktop or network support. 

Most of the time, you're on your own to try and solve issue you are having with the program.

I have used Proseries for over 20 years. I have NEVER experienced the issues I have been having this tax season. 

The response of "SORRY" that I have been receiving from Proseries certainly describes the state of trying to use Proseries in the histed environment.

If you want your productivity to suffer during tax season, then I would highly recommend you switch to the hosted environment.

I will be researching other software options for my tax preparations services going forward.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for confirming my fears of ever trying it.

ACME Taxes, Tattoos, Tires and Tasmanian Devils - one free devil with every return.
N411BC
Level 3

We are not to happy with it either.  On March 1 we were down almost the whole day (as were multiple other hosting clients) On March 8 we lost a client file we had been working on all day.  Support could only reinstall a backup from 11PM the night before (they were very apologetic) Today we had multiple times we needed to log out of Right Networks and log back in when Proseries froze.  Support said these were due to"internet connectivity issues" I still like the concept but getting a little jaded about it

gsscpa
Level 2

Yesterday’s fun was FAM crashing each time I tried to open it in the hosted environment. When I could get it to open, it would tell me that the client file I was trying to open was not a data file. 

Hosting support is not open on weekends (Hey Proseries...major deadline tomorrow. Sure would have been nice to have some support now). RightNetworks (who has 24/7 support) said sorry, that’s a PS support issue.  (See my original post about SORRY). 

Long story short, I had to manually enter over 100 fixed assets for a client yesterday because I could not transfer them from FAM. Which also reminds me that the fact that PS will not transfer assets that have been imported in a previous year to the current year if they were imported from FAM in the previous year is also ridiculous! 

FAM will be another program that I will be looking for a replacement going forward. 

All PS can do this year is tell me SORRY, which accurately describes PS and FAM in the hosted environment. In my opinion, there’s another word that begins with “S” that better describes my experience with PS in the hosted environment. 

Intuit PS Customer Service, I hope you see these posts, because other than apologies from your support personnel (when they’re open), my experience is that Intuit really doesn’t want there hosted environment to succeed. Are you trying to force us to ProConnect??? 

Sincerely,

A +20 year PS user (but probably not anymore, based on the absolute disaster this year has been)

0 Cheers
gsscpa
Level 2

I also forgot to add that the one time I was able to speak with someone in customer support, the answer was “SORRY, do you want us to cancel your subscription”. No PS, I really don’t want to cancel my subscription. I want the program that you have charged me a lot of money for this year to work!!!!!! (Speaking of which, thanks for substantially increasing my rates each year, while offering large discounts to new users) SORRY way to treat your long time loyal users. 

0 Cheers
gsscpa
Level 2

Here's this morning's fun!!!

Trying to review some information in the 2019 program for a client that I'm working on their 2020 return and this is the message I receive when trying to open the program right now:Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 7.19.06 AM.png

0 Cheers
N411BC
Level 3

Proseries Hosting has been very unstable today.  We have had 5 crashes of Proseries requiring a restart of Right NEtworks.  Think I recall the salesperson telling me with Hosting all this would go away.

0 Cheers